Grobbelaars Funeral Services had its inception in 2005 with the merger of two of Pretoria’s most prominent funeral homes, namely Rentmeester Grobbelaars and Church Street Funerals. The merger combined the strength, expertise and best features of both companies.
Both companies boast with histories dating back to late 1800 and early 1900. The Grobbelaars name is well known in the funeral industry. WH Rogers was the first funeral home in Pretoria and opened its doors in 1898.
Message from the directors
As funeral directors we are deeply conscious of the trust, responsibility and confidence that our families bestow upon us. One of the most traumatic times in a person’s life is the death of a loved one. Funerals form an essential part of the grieving process. Our fully trained and committed staff provide excellent service in a compassionate manner.
It is our experience that the bereaved family is usually uncertain of the procedures and arrangements following the death of their loved one. We pride ourselves ensuring complete peace of mind for bereaved families. Our facilities are the best in the country and our professional personnel render a 24 hour service, 7 days a week. Our industry experience totals 204 years.
Code of conduct:
- To act in the interest of all who need our services.
- To respect all beliefs and to treat all personal information as strictly confidential.
- To treat every deceased with care and respect and to take all due precautions with regard to health regulations.
- To charge reasonable rates for services rendered and not to exploit bereaved families.
- To be responsible in advertising and to refrain from soliciting and corruption.
- To maintain high ethical standards in all relationships with the public as well as other funeral directors.
- To be loyal to this vocation and to the National Funeral Directors’ Association of Southern Africa.